Why work for the Ponca Tribe of Nebraska?
The Ponca Tribe of Nebraska offers the opportunity to work for a tribal government, unique even among other tribal organizations. The Ponca Tribe of Nebraska has no reservation land base, operating instead within a designated service area covering twelve counties in Nebraska, one in South Dakota, and two in Iowa, with office locations in Niobrara, Norfolk, Lincoln, and Omaha, Nebraska, and Sioux City, Iowa. Tribal employees provide services to Ponca Tribe of Nebraska citizens, and citizens of other tribes within the community.
The Ponca Tribe of Nebraska strives to offer employees a benefits package that is as competitive as possible with other organizations of similar size and resources. By providing this benefit package, the Ponca Tribe hopes to enhance our employees’ personal and work life, and to support their well-being as well as that of their families.
Benefits offered MAY include:
- Insurance – Employee participation is fully employer-paid, spouse and family options available at additional cost
- Health (major medical)
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan – 100% match of first 7 % of income contributed by staff member (3-year vesting schedule)
- Generous Leave Program
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Administrative Leave
- Volunteer Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) including counseling services, legal and financial services, training opportunities, and much more
- Business hours 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM with opportunity for flexible work schedules
- Wellness program
- Fitness and health challenges
- Exercise programs
- Health tracking
External openings are open to all interested candidates. To view and apply for our external openings, please visit our application site at https://poncatribene.applicantpro.com/jobs/
Internal openings are open only to Ponca Tribe of Nebraska members and current employees. To view and apply for internal openings, please visit our applications site at https://poncatribene.applicantpro.com/internaljobs/
Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve compiled a list of common questions related to our application process. Click here to read through them. If you have other questions, please feel free to reach out to our Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org.