Office Coordinator Intern
No data available.
Open until filled.
Office Coordinator Intern
Position: Intern, Office Coordinator
Division: Tribal Affairs
Reports To: Office Coordinator / Program Support
Salary: Grade 1 ($8.00 – $12.69)
Classification: Part-time (1 year period – May be renewed)
Internship for Ponca member who is seeking experience to coincide with their area of interest while starting a post-secondary education program. Assist with the operation of the front reception office and lobby area. Assist in coordination of program support activities. Ability to greet people in person or on the telephone pleasantly and properly.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Pleasantly greets and welcomes all members, clientele, visitors, etc. entering the reception area as well as those calling in by telephone.
- Assists with providing information or direction to clientele to appropriate program or resources.
- Assists with administrative and clerical support as it pertains to the services or programs provided for the area.
- Assists in necessary follow-up helpful to general clientele.
- May order and maintain inventory of office supplies, keys, and equipment.
- Assists with logging all incoming and outgoing mail and faxes.
- Assists with the maintenance of GSA vehicle(s) and logs.
- May send monthly GSA reports to the Accounting Department.
- Assists with the maintenance and tracking of calendars for conference room meeting(s).
- Assists with opening and closing of the building.
- Maintains complete confidentiality and honors the Privacy Act and HIPAA.
- May submit reports monthly or more frequently as directed.
- Assists the administration of departmental program related activities.
- Attend staff and other meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Relationships and Authority:
This position has no supervisory duties.
Working Environment and Physical Demands: This position is located in professional office environment.
- Enrolled in post-secondary program and maintain passing grades in all class-work.
- Ability to handle stress, meet deadlines and work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work on and organize multiple projects.
- Possess or develop computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint programs.
- Make effort to develop written and oral communication skills.
- Must successfully pass drug and alcohol testing, education, character, and criminal background checks.
Must have valid driver’s license and be insurable.
Tribal Council Approval: 5//18//2014 Rev.. 06//20//2015 Rev 08//07//2015 Rev 09//17//2016