Expires on: 2019:02:26 11:59 PM
Division: Indirect Cost
Reports To: Finance Director
Pay Grade: Grade 6 ($15.65 – $24.94)
Incumbent is primarily responsible for performing a variety of financial and administrative functions for multiple grants, contracts, and enterprises as directed by the Finance Director and Deputy Finance Director.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist accounting staff in daily maintenance of Accounts Payable , Payroll, Requests for Purchase, and Check Requests
- Serve as secondary processor for Accounts Payable, Payroll and Procurement
- Analyze and adjust financial transactions
- Calculate indirect cost and allocate to funds
- Review Accounts Payable entries for accuracy prior to submission to Fiscal Accountant
- Prepare and/or assist with bank reconciliations, credit card statements, general ledger accounts, and reconciliation of detailed data to general ledger totals
- Maintain wholesaler tax reports and reconcile tax payments from tribal entities
- Use MIP accounting software to generate and distribute program reports as required and requested by departments and external funding agencies
- Assist with supply ordering and tracking of capital expenditures
- Control vendor data, including obtaining and maintaining W9’s, and tracking 1099 vendor expenses
- Process Due To/From entries and activities to reconcile payments between internal programs and cash accounts
- Identify and perform accrual and reversal and other close out entries of programs and grants to reconcile budget years
- Provide program support through assisting with financial requests and participating in program audits
- Participate in the preparation of annual audits
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by: attending seminars, workshops, conferences, conducting research, and contacting funding agencies and related organizations
- Other duties as assigned
Relationships and Authority:
This position has no supervisory duties.
Working Environment and Physical Demands:
Physical requirements include carrying/lifting up to 5 pounds, frequently; up to 10 pounds, regularly; and up to 25 pounds, occasionally. Visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to drive an automobile and operate computer keyboard and basic office equipment; subject to carrying, lifting, twisting and reaching to perform essential job functions. Working conditions are primarily in an office environment with occasional travel to other locations
- Associate degree in accounting or related field or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Two years of general accounting experience including fund accounting
- Two years of payroll or accounts payable experience, or related professional field
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint programs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and be insurable
- Successfully pass drug and alcohol testing, motor vehicle, education, character, and criminal background checks.
- Able and willing to travel
- Bachelor degree in accounting or related field
- One year Tribal accounting experience
- MIP software experience
- One year experience working with Native Americans or Native American organizations.
- Knowledge and understanding of Public Law 93-638” Indian Self-Determination Act.
Preference will be given to Ponca Tribe of Nebraska members or members of a federally recognized tribe. However, all qualified individuals are eligible.
The Ponca Tribe of Nebraska is an at-will employer.
Tribal Council Approval: 02/04/2019