On-Call/As-Needed Office Coordinator
Open until filled.
Niobrara, Norfolk, Lincoln, Omaha, Sioux City
||Tribal Affairs Administration
||Deputy Director of Tribal Affairs
||Grade 3 ($10.58-$16.75)
This position is to serve as a substitute Office Coordinator, filling in on an as-needed basis based on business necessity. Incumbent will be responsible for the maintenance and operation of the front reception office and lobby area. Assist in coordination of program support activities. Ability to greet people in person or on the telephone pleasantly and properly.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Pleasantly greet and welcome all members, clientele, visitors, etc. entering the reception area as well as those calling in by telephone to ensure that they are adequately served.
- Administrative program and clerical support to what each program offers and its scope of work.
- Direct clientele to appropriate program.
- Assist in necessary follow-up helpful to general clientele.
- Maintain complete confidentiality and honor the Privacy Act and HIPAA in all site-related activities.
- Log all incoming and outgoing mail and faxes
- Oversee GSA vehicles and logs.
- Maintain and keep track of calendars for conference room meetings and facility rentals.
- Coordinates the opening and closing of the building.
- Other duties as assigned.
Relationships and Authority:
This position has no supervisory duties.
Working Environment and Physical Demands:
Professional office environment. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during work hours. Is subject to emotionally upset patients, family members, personnel, and visitors.
- High school diploma or GED.
- One or more years of office experience.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access programs.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have valid driver’s license and be insurable.
- Must successfully pass drug and alcohol testing, motor vehicle, education, character, and criminal background checks.
- Able and willing to travel.
- Associates degree in administrative assistant or similar degree.
- One or more years experience in office coordination.
- One or more years experience working with Native Americans or Native American organizations.
- Knowledge and understanding of Public Law 93-638: Indian Self-Determination Act, Tribal organizations and funding opportunities.
Preference will be given to Ponca Tribe of Nebraska members or members of a federally recognized tribe. However, all qualified individuals are eligible.
The Ponca Tribe of Nebraska is an at-will employer.
Tribal Council Approval: 01/08/2018