Open until filled.
Niobrara, Norfolk, Lincoln, Omaha, Sioux City
||Grade 2, starting wage: $11.00/hour
This position is to serve as a substitute transporter, filling in on an as-needed basis based on the business necessity of the Transportation Department. Incumbent will be primarily responsible for meeting the transportation needs for members and program participants in the program area. Transportation is based on need and scheduled routes.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for providing transportation for Ponca Tribal members and program participants, in a cheerful, pleasant and professional manner, including transporting them to and from appointments or obligations in, but not limited to the areas of Niobrara, Omaha, Sioux City and Norfolk.
- Assist clients in getting into and out of vehicles.
- Clean and maintain vehicles according to policy or direction of Transportation Manager.
- Maintain appropriate records for the Ponca Tribal Transit Program.
- Work closely and cooperatively with Ponca Tribe of Nebraska staff in coordinating transportation needs.
- Maintain complete confidentiality & honor the Privacy Act.
- Respect the rights, dignity, and privacy of riders.
- Maintain or attain CPR certification, defensive driving training, and First Aid emergency care.
- Know and follow the mission, organization, program requirements, and policies of the Ponca Tribe of Nebraska.
- Be well versed in and abide transportation laws, rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Relationships and Authority:
This position has no supervisory duties.
Working Environment and Physical Demands:
Minimum to high stress due to many scheduled activities. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, twisting and moves intermittently during work hours. Regularly lifting up to 100 pounds and occasionally lifts more. Is subject to emotionally upset patients, family members, personnel, and visitors. Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and at times, unreceptive people.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Able to obtain First Aid, CPR and Defensive Driving Course certification within three months of hire date, if not already certified.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access programs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license and be insurable.
- Successfully pass drug and alcohol testing, motor vehicle, education, character, and criminal background checks.
- Able and willing to travel.
- Commercial driver’s license (CDL).
- First Aid, CPR and Defensive Driving Course certified.
- One or more years experience working with Native Americans or Native American organizations.
Preference will be given to Ponca Tribe of Nebraska members or members of a federally recognized tribe. However, all qualified individuals are eligible.
The Ponca Tribe of Nebraska is an at-will employer.
Tribal Council Approval: 01/08/2018