Director of Human Resources
Open until filled.
Director of Human Resources
PRAIRIE FLOWER CASINO
DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES & ADMINISTRATION
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources EXEMPT (Y/N): Y LICENSING LEVEL: 1
SALARY GRADE: E14 REPORTS TO: General Manager
LOCATION: Carter Lake, IA
Directs, guides, implements and oversees the efficient administration and management of the Human Resources services including recruiting, compensation, benefits, compliance, employee relations, risk management and reward and recognition.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for practicing, supporting and promoting Prairie Flower Casino’s “Unsurpassed Service” standards at all times.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures organization’s compliance.
- Interacts with the General Manager and Executive Team members on “Big Picture” issues involving our Team Members at all level; lending guidance as well as counseling them on their own interpersonal and/or performance challenges.
- Annually reviews and makes recommendations to General Manager for improvement of the organization’s policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
- Communicates changes in the organization’s personnel policies and procedures and ensures that proper compliance is followed.
- Assists executive management in the annual review, preparation and administration of the organization’s wage and salary program.
- Review all involuntary terminations of Team Members (beyond introductory period) and stay abreast of all sensitive Team Member relation issues, lending support and direction as needed.
- Works directly with department Directors & Managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters.
- Recommends, evaluates and participates in staff development for the organization.
- Design recognition programs and participate in celebrations throughout the property.
- Maintain departmental HR budget according to policies to include ongoing expense review, approval and tracking and preparation of data for monthly P&L’s.
- Walk the property and talk to Team Members, as this is a critical component of the job. Keeping a pulse on property and understanding the issues that may be occurring on the property.
- Manages all Human Resource staff under span of control.
- Carries out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include recruitment & selection and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing and resolving problems.
- Experience in the gaming industry is preferred
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field plus 7+ years of HR leadership experience. Master’s degree, PHR or SPHR preferred.
- Must have extensive knowledge in benefits, compensation & employee relations. Experience with self-funded insurance plans strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated prior success with organizational development.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to relate well with all levels of the organization; strong listening and critical thinking skills.
- Must be computer literate and have knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or other computer and HR Software.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize efficiently.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Prairie Flower Casino reserves the right to make changes to the above job description as necessary.
The Ponca Tribe of Nebraska exercises Indian preference in hiring to Ponca Tribal members and members of federally recognized tribes.
PONCA TRIBE OF NEBRASKA
Although the Ponca Tribe of Nebraska does not have a reservation, the Ponca Restoration Act established our fifteen-country Service Delivery Area across Nebraska, Iowa and South Dakota. We offer a broad range of health, social, educational and cultural services.