Director of Information Technology
Open until filled.
Director of Information Technology
PRAIRIE FLOWER CASINO
DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology EXEMPT (Y/N): Y
LICENSING LEVEL: 1
SALARY GRADE: E14 ($96,319-$178-878) REPORTS TO: General Manager
LOCATION: Carter Lake Iowa / Metropolitan Omaha NE
Responsible for the successful overall development, installation, operation and maintenance of all management information systems on property; including computers, software, audio and visual equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs the day-to-day operations of the Information Technology department.
- Interfaces with all departments regarding current Information Technology
- Plans, implements and directs all departmental procedures for the IT department, for the accomplishment of business objectives.
- Maintains appropriate staffing levels in the IT Department by interviewing, selecting, training, scheduling, evaluating, promoting, disciplining and terminating IT employees as needed.
- Ensures proper licensing and adequate support for all system users.
- Regularly reviews and evaluates departmental performance, working with IT employees to take the appropriate steps necessary to resolve unsatisfactory results or conditions.
- Delegates responsibility and authority to the appropriate IT employees regarding various aspects of systems operations.
- Reviews departmental reports, addressing potential conflicts and/or misinformation.
- Ensures a maximum level of service and satisfaction throughout the property is achieved and maintained.
- Facilitates the flow of information throughout the department by organizing and presiding over regularly scheduled meetings with all IT Employees.
- Approves purchase of systems-related equipment and supplies, or in the alternative, provides a clear explanation of why the request cannot be approved.
- Selects and/or designs software and hardware to meet the needs of the company.
- Develops and administers departmental operating budget and controls.
- Evaluates network configuration and security, application usefulness, upgrades and improvements.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality.
- Must be able to maintain proper gaming license.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record.
- Assist in other duties and projects as assigned.
- Outstanding example of and a credit to the Casino.
- Directly supervises the activities of IT Employees. Indirectly supervises the activities of all systems users on the property.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Sciences or Business Administration from a four-year college or university; or four to six years related experience and/or training or an equivalent combination of education and experience, 5-6 years of experience in network information processing, casino related experience preferred. Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or MS Certified Professional (MCP) required.
Six to eight years of experience in computer programming required with progressive supervisory/managerial experience preferred. Must possess excellent communication skills.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents, such as technical journals, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from guests, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conforms to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, and work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, increasing to loud when on the casino floor.
- Must be able to operate in mentally and physically stressful situations.
Prairie Flower Casino reserves the right to make changes to the above job description as necessary.
The Ponca Tribe of Nebraska exercises Indian preference in hiring to Ponca Tribal members and members of federally recognized tribes.