Director of Marketing
Open until filled.
Director of Marketing
PRAIRIE FLOWER CASINO
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING
DEPARTMENT: Marketing EXEMPT (Y/N): Y LICENSING LEVEL: 1
SALARY GRADE: E13 ($82,324 – $117,601) REPORTS TO: General Manager
LOCATION: Carter Lake Iowa / Metropolitan Omaha NE
Provides overall strategic leadership direction for the Marketing Team. Directs advertising, direct mail program, Player’s Club, promotions and player development in order to drive strong revenues and high guest satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Formulates and reviews budgets on a monthly basis with Senior Management.
- Collaborates daily with Advertising Agency on all projects which will include, but not be limited to, photo shoots, billboards, promotional items, property brochures, posters, radio and television spots, etc.
- Execute and monitor strategic marketing plans, both short and long range to achieve Casino objectives regarding revenue, profitability and market share.
- Coordinates special Events, on design, development, and implementation and post-event evaluation of all special events.
- Statistically analyze marketing programs and adjust strategy and tactics to increase effectiveness to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Oversees the coordination of press conferences on property.
- Provide post-event reports, analysis and regular status reports on marketing programs to the General Manager.
- Develop integrated revenue/expense analysis, projections, reports and presentations, evaluating operating budget to actual expenses and revenue.
- Develop (and present to Senior Leadership) implement and manage marketing program, public, media and community relations, policies and strategies, player development, marketing services and guest services initiatives.
- Maintains appropriate staffing levels, by interviewing, selecting, training, scheduling, evaluating, assisting with career development, promoting, disciplining and terminating Employees, as needed.
- Create and implement player development and group sales strategies prospect new players.
- Mine database information to identify customer demographics and interests, consult with management on methods of targeting, developing and informing guests of upcoming offers.
- Maintain and update customer database continually ensuring the highest level of data integrity, including measurement systems; maintain confidentiality of database and files.
- Serve as communications advisor, speechwriter, community relations representative, and “informed source”, serving as the property spokesperson when needed.
- Oversee development and maintenance of annual Marketing Business Plan and Operating Budget and ensure all variances are identified and justified appropriately.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality.
- Must be able to maintain appropriate Gaming License
- Outstanding example of and a credit to Prairie Flower Casino Leadership Team..
- Directly supervises Player’s Club and Marketing Team Employees.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work, coaching and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or Business Administration or related field from a four-year college or university and five-year’s experience working in marketing, advertising and/or promotions fields with three years in a director or managerial position in casino marketing required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Excellent leadership and organizational skills, analytical and creative thinking skills and superb communication, written and interpersonal skills. Experience with Casino Trac is a plus. Experience with and knowledge of developing tactical and strategic market plans and operating budgets..
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents, such as technical journals, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from guests, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conforms to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, and work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, increasing to loud when on the casino floor.
- Must be able to operate in mentally and physically stressful situations.
Prairie Flower Casino reserves the right to make changes to the above job description as necessary.
The Ponca Tribe of Nebraska exercises Indian preference in hiring to Ponca Tribal members and members of federally recognized tribes.