No data available.
Open until filled.
Position: Intern, Finance
Reports To: Finance Director
Salary: Grade 3 ($10.58 – $16.75)
Classification: Part-time (1 year period – May be renewed)
Internship for Ponca member who is seeking experience to coincide with their area of interest while enrolled in a post-secondary education program. Assist with a variety of financial and administrative duties as directed by the Finance Director.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Under direction prepares financial analyses of Tribal operations, including interim and final financial statements with supporting schedules for the Executive Director of Tribal Affairs and the Tribal Council.
- Assists with forecasting short-range and long-range cash requirements and obligations as a basis for maintaining adequate funds.
- Provide Program Directors with information required to monitor operations and budget plans in a timely manner.
- Assist the Program Directors with their budget preparation and modifications and monitors approved budgets to ensure that expenditures do not exceed allotted budgets and are compliant with grant expense guidelines.
- Monitor monthly reports, recommends and advises Program Directors of budget variances.
- Communicate with Grant Compliance Coordinator regarding all financial compliance issues.
- Under direction develops internal financial reports as requested by the Executive Director of Tribal Affairs and/or Tribal Council.
- Assists with the preparation and auditing of financial statements by coordinating with auditors and overseeing the preparation of required schedules and reports for financial statements.
- Assists with the preparation and review of budgets and indirect cost proposal, conduct periodic review and monitoring of such items, and ensure departments adhere to established budgetary guidelines and procedures.
- Perform special projects as deemed necessary for the continued improvement in efficiency and effectiveness of the department.
- Under direction develops and submits monthly reports to the EDTA on progress toward and/or needs to complete tasks and address priorities.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and honor the Privacy Act HIPAA.
- Attend staff and other meetings as required.
- Travel as needed to fulfill objectives of project.
- Other duties as assigned.
Relationships and Authority:
This position has no supervisory duties.
Working Environment and Physical Demands:
This position is located in professional office environment.
- Enrolled in post-secondary program and maintain passing grades in all class-work.
- Ability to handle stress, meet deadlines and work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work on and organize multiple projects.
- Possess or develop computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint programs.
- Make effort to develop written and oral communication skills.
- Must successfully pass drug and alcohol testing, motor vehicle, education, character, and criminal background checks.
- Able and willing to travel.
- Must have valid driver’s license and be insurable.
Tribal Council Approval: 06/04/2012 Rev. 09/12/12 Rev. 06//20//2015 Rev.. 08//07//2015 Rev.. 9//17//16