ICDBG Project Assistant | Ponca Tribe of Nebraska

ICDBG Project Assistant

ICDBG Project Assistant

Open until filled.

 

Position Title: ICDBG Project Assistant
Department: Maintenance
Reports To: Maintenance Project Coordinator
Classification: Full-time, Grant-Funded
Status: Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $29,120-$37,440
Location: Norfolk, NE
Hours of Work: Monday through Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm, variations in days and time as needed
Approval Date: 10/9/2016

 

Job Function:

The ICDBG Project Assistant is responsible for assisting the Maintenance Project Coordinator in the preparation of plans and quality of workmanship on all buildings, homes, and building equipment repairs and remodeling of Northern Ponca Housing Authority owned facilities that are inclusive of the Indian Community Development Block Grant (ICDBG).

 

Essential Responsibilities and Duties:

  1. Assist Maintenance Project Coordinator in developing budgets for ICDBG projects.
  2. Collect subcontractor quotes and put them into a budget spreadsheet.
  3. Take construction meeting notes and follow-up on tasks to be performed.
  4. Perform daily project management-related tasks as directed by the Maintenance Project Coordinator.
  5. Scheduling material and resource procurement to ensure on-time ICDBG project completion.
  6. Maintaining accurate job records and updated schedules and expenses.
  7. Assists in determining labor and material costs for all rehabilitation and modernization tasks.
  8. Assists with preparations of scope of work and specifications for regular and special contract items.
  9. Works to assure high quality workmanship when doing final inspection and addresses any issues with contractors as necessary.
  10. Reviews payments to contractors to assure compliance and work quality.
  11. Assists in the preparation of project plans, scope of work, and official bid documents.
  12. Other duties as assigned.

 

Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:

  1. Building maintenance and repair methods and requirements.
  2. Work operational systems, procedures, standards and practices in various building tasks.
  3. Knowledge of mechanical equipment, air conditioning, refrigeration, fire systems, stand-by emergency power, water treatment systems, and related preventive maintenance programs.
  4. Knowledge of practices of contracting in the building construction trades.
  5. Principles and practices of budget preparation and administration.
  6. Experience with building codes within the states of Nebraska, South Dakota, and Iowa.
  7. Read and interpret building plans and specifications, draw plans, and write specifications and cost estimates for building repair and minor building construction work.
  8. Work cooperatively with other NPHA and Tribal government employees, building occupants, and the general public.
  9. Monitor contractor’s procedures and determine compliance with mandated operating and safety standards.

 

Relationship and Authority

None

Requirements and Qualifications:

  • 2 to 3 years of experience in assisting project managers on building construction and/or rehabilitation and modernization projects.
  • Associates degree in construction management, project management, or a related field, and/or other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
  • Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office software.

 

Desirable Qualifications:

  • Bachelor’s degree in construction management, project management, or a related field

 

Physical Requirements/Working conditions:

  1. Must be able to lift up to 100lbs unassisted and bend, stoop, reach, stretch to perform certain inspection related tasks.
  2. Must be able to work on heights.
  3. Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions.
  4. Approximately 25% of the time will be spent in the office with the remainder of 75% in the field.

 

NPHA Requirements:

  1. Ability to follow policies and procedures, such as personnel, safety, housing, maintenance, etc.
  2. Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with Northern Ponca Housing Authority staff, contractors, tenants, and tribal members.
  3. Ability to be understand and relate to Native American traditions, customs, and socioeconomic conditions.
  4. Works as a team to develop a “best practice” approach in housing functions.
  5. Must be able to work with little or no supervision.
  6. Must have a valid Nebraska Driver’s License and be insurable throughout the duration of employment.
  7. Comply with drug and alcohol free workplace policies.
  8. Successful completion of background screens.

 

 

IN ACCORDANCE WITH TITLE VII 1964 CIVIL RIGHTS ACT, SECTION 701(b) and 703(I), PREFERENCE IN FILLING ALL VACANCIES WILL BE GIVEN TO QUALIFIED NATIVE AMERICAN CANDIDATES.