No data available.
Open until filled.
Position: Intern, Maintenance
Division: Tribal Affairs
Reports To: Maintenance Coordinator
Salary: Grade 1 ($8.00 – $12.69)
Classification: Part-time (1 year period – May be renewed)
Internship for Ponca member who is seeking experience to coincide with their area of interest while starting a post-secondary education program. Assists in the maintenance and repair of the Tribe’s buildings, properties (including rental units) and grounds.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist with necessary repairs and maintenance to the Tribe’s property as needed and as requested on work orders.
- Assist with the maintenance of landscaping, which includes: mowing, weed control, planting and trimming of shrubs and trees.
- Clean internal areas of buildings which include: dusting, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming and window washing.
- Empty trash cans and consolidate trash for weekly pickup.
- Paint interior and exterior walls and trim.
- Repair parking lots and sidewalks.
- Remove snow and ice from parking lots and sidewalks.
- Aid in the maintenance and repair of the buildings’ plumbing and electrical systems which do not require licensure, including replacing worn or defective parts such as switches and fuses.
- Replace worn or damaged parts such as hoses, wiring and belts in machines and equipment such as truck and riding lawnmower.
- Keep a log of all service, maintenance and repairs performed on all equipment.
- Assist with regular inspections to monitor for repair and safety hazards and prepare a plan of action to address the inspection findings.
- Assist other departments with moving furniture and unloading and storing supplies.
- May open and close buildings and may provide onsite monitoring when activities are taking place outside of normal office hours.
- Set up chairs, tables and equipment for meetings, activities and events.
- Assist with the inventory maintenance for all equipment and tools used by the Maintenance staff and submit to Procurement Officer at least annually.
- May be on-call after normal office hours for emergency or routine maintenance needs, including when business office is closed due to inclement weather.
- Attend staff and other meetings as required.
- Travel as needed to fulfill objectives of project.
- Other duties as assigned.
Relationships and Authority:
This position has no supervisory duties.
Working Environment and Physical Demands:
This position is located in professional office environment.
- Enrolled in post-secondary program and maintain passing grades in all class-work.
- Ability to handle stress, meet deadlines and work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work on and organize multiple projects.
- Possess or develop computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint programs.
- Make effort to develop written and oral communication skills.
- Must successfully pass drug and alcohol testing, education, character, and criminal background checks.
- Able and willing to travel.
- Must have valid driver’s license and be insurable.
Tribal Council Approval: 06/04/2012 Rev. 09/12/2012 Rev. 06/20/2015 Rev 08/07/2015 Rev 09/17/16