Ponca Preference Internship
Open until filled.
Niobrara, NE, Norfolk, NE, Lincoln, NE, Omaha, NE OR Sioux City, IA
||Ponca Preference Internship
||Grade 1 ($8.00 – $13.07)
||Part-time (1 year period – May be renewed)
Internship for Ponca member who is seeking experience to coincide with their area of interest while starting a post-secondary education program. Assist with the daily operation of the department that they are working with.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Deliver administrative services to the department as is appropriate
- Assist with routine office-related functions including, but not limited to: answering the phone, taking/relaying messages, copying, faxing, filing, logging all incoming and outgoing mail, scheduling appointments, typing letters (using word processor), reports, etc.
- Maintains complete confidentiality and honors the Privacy Act and HIPAA.
- Attend staff and other meetings as required.
- Travel as needed to fulfill objectives of projects
- Familiarize self with policy and procedure of the Department and the Ponca Tribe as an employee.
- Other duties as assigned.
Relationships and Authority:
This position has no supervisory duties.
Working Environment and Physical Demands:
This position is located in professional office environment.
- Enrolled in post-secondary program and maintain passing grades in all class-work.
- Ability to handle stress, meet deadlines and work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work on and organize multiple projects.
- Possess or develop computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint programs.
- Make effort to develop written and oral communication skills.
- Must successfully pass drug and alcohol testing, education, character, and criminal background checks.
Tribal Council Approval: 06/25/2018