Project Venture Specialist
Expires on: 2019:02:28 11:59 PM
Position: Project Venture Specialist
Division: Tribal Affairs
Department: Social Services
Reports To: Social Services Director
Salary: Grade 4 ($12.16-$19.84)
Classification: Part-Time (grant funded)
This position will work with youth ages 8-24 within the Service Delivery Area of the Ponca Tribe of Nebraska by facilitating activities that will raise cultural awareness and promote positive, healthy lifestyles. This staff will follow the Project Venture curriculum with youth 8-14; develop service learning projects, community engagement activities and leadership development projects for youth 14-18 and with assist youth 14-24 with a successful transition to adulthood.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Organize culturally relevant activities that will follow the program materials that focus on the youth’s strengths and tribal heritage.
- Provide opportunities for teens and families to network with other Native American youth/families.
- Create Service Learning opportunities with youth.
- Develop and implement program guidelines with each youth to include proper documentation, intake forms and necessary assessments.
- Identify and work closely with other community resources which can enhance the program and broaden its services.
- Promote the full scope of youth activities, programs, and services within the community and maintain positive public relations with the community, all outside resources and agencies by participating in internal and external community events.
- Mentor youth in the program while striving to maintain the physical, spiritual and emotional well-being of youth.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
Relationships and Authority:
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. This position will work closely with other departments of the Ponca Tribe of Nebraska as well as community agencies.
Working Environment and Physical Demands:
Portions of this position will be recreational, yet professional and structured, at times during non-traditional work hours. The duties of this position will require this individual to use physical strength, dexterity, and endurance (including, but not limited to, walking, running, bending, pushing, lifting up to 50 lbs., crouching, reaching over head, etc.) related mainly to leading youth activities and events in an outdoor environment.
Travel within service areas is required and there may be travel to training and workshops outside of the Service Delivery Area as well.
- Associate degree in a human services or education related field or two years of work experience in a human services and/or education field or any combination of related coursework, training, education and employment experience may substitute for an Associate’s Degree on a year for year basis.
- Experience, education, or a working knowledge of child development and education, prevention programming and public health.
- One year experience working with youth.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access programs.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable.
- Successfully pass drug and alcohol testing, motor vehicle, education, character, and criminal background checks.
- Able and willing to travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services or education related field or four years of work experience in a human services and/or education field or any combination of related coursework, training, education and employment experience may substitute for a Bachelor’s Degree on a year for year basis.
- One year of case management experience.
- One year of program development, implementation and evaluation.
- One year experience working with Native Americans or Native American organizations.
Preference will be given to Ponca Tribe of Nebraska members or members of a federally recognized tribe. However, all qualified individuals are eligible.
The Ponca Tribe of Nebraska is an at-will employer.
Tribal Council Approval: 10/25/2015