Position Title: Sales Associate
Location: Carter Lake, IA
Salary Range: $10.00 – $15.00
Supervisor: Store Manager / Operations Specialist
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Ponca Smoke Signals LLC is a retailer of fine Native tobacco focused on fast and friendly customer service via its convenient drive-thru. The successful candidate is responsible for friendly engagement of customers at point of sale and providing assistance during the sales process. The Sales Associate is also responsible for processing all payment transactions and cash management via the store’s point-of-sales system. Applicants must be self-motivated, customer-focused, and sales-oriented. Individuals with retail or customer service experience are preferred.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Engages in sale of tobacco products, grocery, and other merchandise; Processes store sales transactions via the point-of-sales (POS) system with accuracy and efficiency.
• Focuses on customer appreciation and establishes rapport with customers through friendly service and professional courtesy.
• Verifies the ID of any patron under the age of (thirty) 30-years-old prior to any tobacco sale.
• Provides customers with tobacco product information and recommendations based on customer preferences and comparison to national brands.
• Provides answers to product and payment-related questions and assists in resolving customer complaints
• Completes shift paperwork including balancing of register till with logged sales.If assigned, performs all duties/procedures related to the opening and closing of store operations. Such duties/procedures include work outside of store hours. As an ‘opener’ or ‘closer’, ensures company facilities, inventory and other assets are secure and protected outside of business hours.
• Responsible for restocking sales floor inventory and assists with general inventory management.
• Responsible for site and store ceanliness and maintains a neat,and orderly work area during shift hours.
• Performs ‘shift duties’ and other duties as assigned.
Ponca Smoke Signals Page 2 of 2
Sales Associate 5/31/2016
Relationships and Authority:
• Sales Associate reports to the Store Manager / Operations Specialist.
• This position has no supervisory authority.
• Works directly work with the public including customers, vendors and other individuals as required by the normal course of business.
Working Environment and Physical Demands:
Sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during work hours. Professional business office. Casual business attire; formal business attire as required
• Friendly and engaging personality with professional attitude
• Customer service and/or retail experience
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Excellent oral communication skills
• Basic PC knowledge and familiarity with electronic equipment (e.g. cash register, scanners, money counters etc)
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to adapt and be flexible according to business needs
• Reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
• Successful completion of drug screening, motor vehicle/criminal back ground check, and character reference check.
• 1 to 2 years of retail and/or customer service experience with emphasis on retail sales methods.
• Knowledge of or experience with the tobacco or native tobacco industries
• Experience with inventory management
Ponca Preference & Native Preference
Ponca Smoke Signals LLC is owned by the Ponca Tribe of Nebraska. As a tribally owned and tribally chartered business entity, Ponca Smoke Signals LLC retains the right to exercise preferential hiring for members of the Ponca Tribe of Nebraska and members of other federally recognized Tribes. Ponca Smoke Signals gives serious consideration to all applicants – All qualified individuals are eligible and encouraged to apply.
Ponca Smoke Signals LLC is an at-will employer.