Tribal Council has reviewed the current status of the emergency declaration regarding the COVID-19 crisis. In an effort to continue to protect Tribal citizens, clients, and staff, the following decisions have been made:
Ponca Tribe of Nebraska staff (BIA staff, IHS staff and committees), OSNI, PEDCO, and NPHA:
- High-risk staff will not return to the office until after July 18th.
- Offices are still closed to the public (walk-ins), with the exception of those who have scheduled appointments. Please contact staff to schedule an appointment for services.
- Tribal events are canceled until 07/04/2020. The Council will meet around July 4th to discuss allowing events after 07/04/2020 or to further cancel events. The Council will decide in the next several weeks on whether to hold or cancel the Pow Wow in August.
- The Travel ban for staff remains in effect, with travel being restricted to only necessary travel. Staff must contact their supervisor for permission on traveling for work-related events and activities.
Prairie Flower Casino/Ponca Gaming Enterprises:
- Casino is open with current safety procedures in place.
- Casino administrative office is open to the public for applicants and applicant interviews. All other visitors should be scheduled or have an appointment.