The Ponca Tribe of Nebraska has declared a State of Emergency in regards to COVID-19.
An updated list of cancellations, closures, and change in services can be found on our news blog here:
PTN COVID-19 Closures & Cancellations
Office Sites and Clinics
Ponca Tribe of Nebraska office sites and the offices of all other Ponca Tribal entities will no longer be accepting walk-in traffic. Members and clients will still be able to visit the offices by appointment only but are encouraged to call first to confirm their appointment. Additionally, the Fred LeRoy Health & Wellness Center, and Ponca Health Services medical clinics will remain open.
Read more –>
Until further notice, transportation through Ponca Express will be limited to inner district travel only. For more information, please contact Ponca Express at 402-860-1223 or 402-238-6905.
Please note that all scheduled community events and training are being postponed until after May 1st, at which time they will be evaluated for the safety of our tribal members.
COVID-19 Health Resources
WITH CONFIRMED CASES OF COVID-19 IN NEBRASKA, HERE ARE SOME TIPS TO STAY HEALTHY AND LIMIT THE SPREAD OF THE DISEASE:
- Wash hands frequently, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Use a hand sanitizer with at least a 60% alcohol content when hand washing is not an option.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, or cough into your elbow.
- Avoid touching your face, especially your eyes, nose & mouth.
- When possible, avoid contact with anyone exhibiting symptoms of upper respiratory illness.
- If you are ill, stay home.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE ILL, OR BELIEVE YOU MAY HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO COVID-19:
- Call your healthcare provider BEFORE going in for an appointment.
- Call the Ponca Health Services Public Health Nurse Line at 402-649-2568 or 402-738-3157 for screening and assistance.
- Notify Ponca Health Services CEO Matt Matusiak at 402.405.3875 and your county health department.
Additionally, Ponca members and clients are encouraged to contact Ponca Health Services CEO Matt Matusiak at 402.405.3875, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about COVID-19.