As we move past COVID-19 being the biggest concern for respiratory infectious disease and into a phase where COVID-19 and its many variants co-exist with influenza, RSV, and all the others, here are some things to bear in mind:
- Vaccination remains the best way to protect yourself from getting seriously ill from COVID-19, influenza, RSV, and pneumonia.
- Social distancing still has a place in controlling COVID-19 and other highly contagious diseases – use common sense and if you are at high risk for severe disease, keep 6-10 feet away from others in public gatherings whenever possible.
- The best way to protect yourself in public is to wear an N-95 mask – ask the clinic if you need help getting one, but they are easily available again at drug stores and home improvement stores.
- If you are ill and concerned about COVID-19, influenza, or RSV, we encourage you to come in to let us see you – be prepared to wear an N-95 in clinic (and we will, too)!
- We continue to have oral treatments for COVID-19 and influenza available in Ponca Health Services pharmacies.
We monitor the ever-evolving COVID-19, influenza, and RSV situation regularly – we are ready to keep you as safe as possible!