The Community Health Representatives are located in Lincoln, Niobrara, Norfolk and Omaha, and serve as liaisons between the healthcare provider and client. CHRs provide outreach, health education and promotion, and disease prevention to the Native communities residing in the PTN Service Delivery Areas. The CHRs provide the following services:
- Provide home visits and refer those in need of care to the appropriate facility.
- Provide local transportation on a limited basis to healthcare facilities.
- Serve as a health advocate for community members by assisting with healthcare needs and coordinating services with internal and external programs.
- Inform clients of available healthcare programs and health policies and procedures that the community members must follow when seeking healthcare.
- Educate the community about health and safety issues.