There is currently an open position for District 3 on the Language & Culture Committee for a term to expire on 3/9/24. Some of the responsibilities of this committee are:
- To provide guidance to the Culture Department and Language Program with long-term planning, programming, and the use of traditional knowledge.
- To generate culturally-appropriate programming to increase tribal involvement on culture and language activities and create a sustainable culture and language program for tribal members inside and outside the SDAs.
- To act as a resource for Tribal departments to create culturally-based programming by providing guidance, knowledge, wisdom, and expertise on Ponca culture, traditions, history, and beliefs.
- To assist the Ponca Tribal government in the formulation of policies and procedures pertaining to the Ponca Language, culture, and history.
- To review and approve all Ponca culturally related educational material, such as instructional materials and modern communication media productions, to be used to provide instruction to
- To review and reserve approval on all other activities and tasks related to the Ponca language, history, and culture as may be referred the Committee.
HOW TO APPLY: You may submit your letter of interest and/or resume to Ponca Tribal Council, ATTN: Beth Barger, P.O. Box 288, Niobrara, NE 68760 or via e-mail to email@example.com. Deadline to apply is December 1, 2021. Thank you.