NORTHERN PONCA HOUSING AUTHORITY A vacancy will exist in January
2021 on the NPHA Board of Commissioners for District 1 (JoAn Ehlers Schlotman’s position) to complete the unexpired term. The term will expire on 5/31/21. District 1 represents Boyd, Knox, and Holt Counties of Nebraska, Charles Mix County of South Dakota and Woodbury County of Iowa.
Commissioners receive a $250 stipend per meeting as well as mileage
reimbursement and per diem. A meeting is held 1 day per month and four months of the year a 2-day meeting is held.
To be qualified to be appointed a Commissioner, a person shall:
- Be at least the age of twenty-five (25) years.
- Not have pled guilty or no contest or been convicted of any felony, any sex-related offense, or any civil or criminal offense involving dishonesty or fraudulent representation to any persons
- Unless the Commissioner is an at large Commissioner, physically reside in the geographic district which the Commissioner would represent.
- Not be a member of the Tribal Council or an employee, or contractor of the Authority;
- Not have an immediate family member currently serving as a Commissioner.
(Immediate family is defined as mother, father, grandparent, child,
grandchild, brother, sister, spouse, domestic partner, or individuals residing in the same household, including half, step and in-law relations).
Please mail your letter of interest with a resume or brief background on why you would be a good candidate for the Board of Commissioners to the Ponca Tribal Council, PO. Box 288, Niobrara, NE 68760 or via e-mail to Jan Colwell firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need more detailed information please contact Joel Nathan, Executive Director of the Northern Ponca Housing Authority at 402-379-8824. A background check will be conducted and interviews held for this position.
Deadline to apply December 1, 2020.