ENROLLMENT COMMITTEE All three positions on the Enrollment Committee will be expiring on February 1, 2021. The role of the Enrollment Committee is defined in the Law & Order Code Title X – Enrollment and Membership Chapter 2 (go to poncatribe-ne.org). Community Members receive mileage reimbursement (for a maximum of 410 miles at the federal govt. approved rate) and a stipend of $250 per meeting. All terms will expire 2/1/24. The deadline for application is January 4, 2021.
NORTHERN PONCA ELDERS COMMITTEE The mission of this Committee is to advocate for improved comprehensive services and provide the leadership needed to meet the needs of our elders (55 and older) by planning and advocating for an aging population in a manner designated to protect and improve their quality of life while maintaining individual dignity.
Tribal Council will be appointing members to all nine positions on January 11, 2020. All positions will be appointed to four year terms. The Elders Committee shall consist of two members from each of the four Council Districts established in the Constitution or as modified by redistricting Each of the two members must reside in the Service Area or 100 miles of the counties constituting the Service Delivery Areas of the Tribe as designated in the PTN Constitution for Council Members (Article IV Section 8). A ninth member shall be appointed from outside the Service Delivery Areas of the Tribe and shall reside outside the Service Delivery Area (including outside the area described in Article IV Section 8 of the Tribal Constitution). The Tribal Council shall strongly consider appointment of the two members from District 1 to represent an elder from the Niobrara Service Delivery Area and an elder from the Sioux City Service Delivery Area when possible.
Currently a stipend in the amount of $250 is paid per meeting plus mileage reimbursement (not to exceed 410 miles at the govt. rate). The Elders Committee Charter recently approved by Tribal Council is posted on the website (poncatribe-ne.org) and in the office sites or you can request a copy be mailed to you. Background checks will be conducted. Deadline for applications is December 15, 2020.
ELECTION BOARD There will be 3 terms on the Election Board that will be expiring on February 1, 2021 for District 1, District 3 and the At Large position. Board Members are paid $250 per meeting and mileage will be paid for a maximum of 410 miles round trip at the federal government approved rate. Most meetings are held in Niobrara, Nebraska. These appointments will be 4-year terms expiring on 2/1/25.
To be qualified to be appointed to the Election Board, a person shall:
- Be an enrolled member of the Tribe
- Be a resident of the voting district from which they are appointed.
- Be eligible to vote in the election for which they will serve as an Election Board Member; and
- If convicted of a felony, have completed his sentence requirements, including any parole, at least two (2) years prior to appointment.
No individuals shall be permitted to sit as an Election Board member who:
- Has been convicted of a crime involving the theft of funds or property of the Tribe in any court of any jurisdiction regardless of any pardon or restoration of civil rights for said offense;
- Currently holds elective office in the Tribe
- Is or plans to be a candidate in any election during his or her term; or
- Has an immediate family member who is currently a member of the Tribal Council, or who is or plans to be a candidate in any election during his or her term
- No Ponca Tribe of Nebraska employees may serve on the Election Board per the PTN Employee Handbook.
A criminal background check will be conducted. The Deadline for Applications is January 4, 2021. All letters of interest and qualifications can be sent to Ponca Tribe of Nebraska, Attn: Beth Barger, P.O. Box 288, Niobrara, NE 68760 or e-mailed to email@example.com. Thank you.