Nebraska In-state Tuition for Out-of-State Tribal Members

For tribes considered indigenous to Nebraska, the University of Nebraska at Lincoln offers in-state tuition for tribal members who live out-of-state. If you have questions please contact the Office of Admissions at 402-472-2023 or

The following have been identified as Native American tribes indigenous to Nebraska or tribes that historically migrated to or from the state of Nebraska: Arapaho, Hidatsa, Missouria, sac and fox, Arikara, Jicarilla, apache, Omaha, Dakota Sioux, northern Cheyenne, Iowa, Otoe, Lakota Sioux, southern Cheyenne, Kickapoo, Pawnee, Nakota Sioux, Comanche, Kiowa, Ponca, Santee Sioux, crow, Manda, Potawatomie, and Winnebago.

Also, it is the responsibility of the student to submit a copy of his or her tribal card to the office of admissions if he/she wants to be considered a resident for tuition purposes. Students who do not provide this documentation will be determined to be non-residents without further notification.

Ponca Education Trust Fund

Students attending the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, University of Nebraska-Kearney or the University of Nebraska-Omaha may be eligible to receive additional educational funding through the Ponca Education Trust. Visit our education page for more information.