LAW AND ORDER CODE REVISION
Discussion on January 4, 2022, at 10:00 a.m.
During Tribal Council Meeting
The Ponca Tribal Council will be reviewing proposed amendments to the Law and Order Code. The revisions are being considered because the Election Board wants to ensure that the Election Process in 2022 will be fair and impartial.
There are changes being proposed to Title IX. The revisions being considered include but are not limited to the following:
- Change the word “herein” to “in this Title”
- 9-1-4 Change the definition of inactive voter
- 9-4-9 Expand the section on signatures to include accommodations for disabled signers
- 9-4-12 Only original petition sheets to be accepted
- 9-4-17 Certification of Petitions to be e-mailed to Tribal Council Secretary
- 9-6-9 Expand the section on Residency Requirements
A complete copy of the proposed amendments is available at the tribal offices, or one may be obtained by contacting Jan Colwell, Tribal Council Secretary at 402-857-3391.
There will be a discussion by Tribal Council that is open for public comment on January 4, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. or as soon thereafter as it may be heard.
Written comments will be accepted until December 28, 2021. The written comments may be emailed to [email protected] or mailed to
P.O. Box 288
Niobrara, NE 68760