Our Higher Education Program assists only enrolled members of the Ponca Tribe of Nebraska who are:
- Students attending community colleges or other vocational training institutes
- Undergraduate students attending four-year colleges and universities
- Graduate/post-graduate students who maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA
Funding for two- and four-year programs is need-based, and eligibility is determined by the Financial Need Form (FNF) that all schools are required to complete, not to exceed our maximum allowable for tuition, book, and fee costs, which is $4,800 per year with a maximum of 10 semesters for a four-year program and five semesters for a two-year program. A maximum of 12 credit hours per semester will be funded, and students must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0 in every funded class.
There also is a $1,000 maximum for students seeking a certification/licensure separate from a degree program. The funding amount is determined by actual course tuition, books and fees and does not include tools or other supplies.
Funding for graduate/post-graduate programs is limited to two years (four semesters).
Ponca tribal members attending college or receiving training in the United States are eligible for funding consideration.
HOW TO APPLY
Download Application Packet
Complete your FAFSA
For free help, make an appointment at the EducationQuest location nearest you: Omaha (888-357-6300), Lincoln (800-303-3745), Kearney (800-666-3721), or Scottsbluff (800-303-3745, ext. 6654). Identify yourself as a Reaching Your Potential recipient.
You’ll also find free FAFSA Tools at EducationQuest.org
SCHOLARSHIP AND INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Links to external resources
- Native Agriculture & Food Systems Scholarship Program (October 4 Deadline)
- Community College Gap Assistance Program
- USDA Pathways Internship Program
- Scholarships and fellowships available from the American Indian Graduate Center
- Cobell Scholarships information
- Click here for graduate fellowship opportunities from the American Indian Graduate Center
- 101 Tips for Landing Native American Scholarships and Grants for College
- Open Education Database PhD Scholarships
- Open Education Database Graduate Scholarships
- How to find and win scholarships
- Click here for FAFSA resources
- Click here for over 2,000 Nebraska-based scholarships
- WOMEN ONLY.. Click here for info on scholarship opportunities for women
- Minority scholarships, fellowships, internships and grants for college and graduate school students
- Click here to see Native American scholarship opportunities through CollegeScholarships.org