The Community Health Workers (CHW) are trained, health care-guided individuals who provide a variety of health services tailored to the Native American community we serve.
The goal of the CHW Program is to address health care needs through the provision of community-oriented primary care services, including traditional Native concepts in multiple settings, utilizing well-trained, community-based, medically-guided health care workers. The CHWs provide the following services:
- Provide home visits and refer those in need of care to the appropriate facility.
• Provide home visits and refer those in need of care to the appropriate facility.
• Provide local transportation on a limited basis to healthcare facilities.
• A Liaison to Legal Aid
• Help find the appropriate resources for clients in need of help food, rent, medical equipment, etc.
• An advocate for our patients
• Inform clients of available healthcare programs and health policies and procedures that the community member must follow when seeking healthcare.
• Educate the community about health and safety issues.