The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act-Indian and Native American Program can assist eligible adult Native Americans living in Nebraska and actively seeking employment, education, or training (must be enrolled in a tribe, or eligible for Ponca Health Services).
- Academic and Career Counseling
- Resume Development
- Interview Coaching
- Computer labs at each office site
- Required work clothing assistance
- Required tool/equipment assistance
- Transportation and bus passes
- Tuition/book assistance
- Other supportive services as determined
- Indian/Native American, 18 years or older, residing in Nebraska, or Charles Mix County, SD
- Unemployed and actively seeking employment.
- Under-employed, working part-time but desires full-time employment
- Low-income (eligible for benefits such as SNAP or TANF).
- The recipient of a bona fide lay-off notice.
- An individual who is employed, but in need of employment and training services to obtain or retain employment that allows for self-sufficiency.
Workforce Development Program Director
5701 South 85th Circle
Omaha, NE 68127
Vocational Training Specialists
1800 Syracuse Ave
Norfolk, NE 68701
1701 E St
Lincoln, NE 68508